For gardening day, we planted beans. The kids can't wait to come back and check on their beans on Monday. Hopefully, they will be sprouting, so the kids won't be disapointed. A few of them expected them to grow the second we watered them! Actually, one little boy poured all of the dirt out of his pot because he was sure that he didn't get a bean. He came and told me "I didn't get a bean. Mine is not growing!" It was so funny! Anyways, Here is a cute picture of half of my class in their daddy's t-shirts ready to garden.
Another big event was chapel this week. The kids LOVE chapel and love to perform and help lead chapel and this Friday, they sang a special song. We sang "Rise and Shine" and tried to do a little dance to it, but the kids get so nervous that it always turns out really funny. Here is a video that will explain it all. Enjoy!
Please be praying for my class and my students as well as their parents. I had a difficult meeting with a parent yesterday about her child not being ready to move up to Kindergarten. It was a good meeting and the parent was very responsive and understanding, but it was still difficult. As well, I really have a hard time getting parents involved. The activities that we plan really require that the parents supply the things that we need, and often times, there are kids who cannot participate simply because the parents didn't do their part. I also deal with sad students whose parents are out of town. Daddy's are almost always somewhere else (Europe, America or South Africa) and I spend a lot of time crying with them and encouraging them, but it is really hard. A lot of these kids are raised by their nannies, cooks and drivers and rarely see their parents at all. It affects their behavior at school and it is difficult for me. Anyways, please be praying for the children and their schooling as well as their understanding of the gospel. Pray that I would be someone in their life who loves them unconditionally and can be a light in their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment