Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas time is here...

Here are some pictures of us decorating the tree. Elijah loved the ornaments, but loves the tree even more. He often talks to it.

Kind of Charlie Brownish, but still very nice to have a Christmas tree!

Our Nativity Scene and stockings (we need one for Elijah!!!!)
We had Christina and her family over for dinner last night. We made pizza and cake!!! She specifically requested an American dinner and then even more specifically asked for pizza. I have only made pizza dough from scratch once, so I was a little nervous about making FOUR, but they turned out great and were very delicious. I also made cake frosting from scratch which so was easy!!! I'm not sure I'll ever buy frosting again!
While waiting for dinner to cook, we opened presents. Christina brought over presents for Elijah, two cute little outfits. And she got me a nice big chitenje to have a dress made out of. I gave the children their stockings which were filled with candy, toys and coloring books with crayons.


Elijah loved the attention. We had a great time watching the kids play with Elijah. He has gotten more playful and really enjoys being with other kids. Here is Christina with her husband Good. We just love this family and are thankful we were able to spend time with them over the break!

2 comments:

Piper said...

I LOVE the red pjs--especially the one where you can see his chub through the button holes. I am glad you are feeling better by the way. I was keeping up with your blog, but didn't get to comment. We were praying for you guys and the picture next the Office pic is hilarious!!! Seth and I just watched those! Merry Christmas you guys.

Blythe said...

Tell Christina I said hi and that I miss her! Also, when you come home, I expect to have a similar pizza party asap.