Last week, we have been learning about the letter Ee. We have been talking about it, looking for it in magazines, and learning how to write the letter Ee. Well on Friday, we were making these adorable elephant masks, and decided to have an elephant parade. Thankfully Ari is just as random as I am. Our classes walked through the school, interrupting Dan's science class and a meeting between the Headmaster and the Super Intendent. It was so cute! Of course everyone loved it. My kids came in Friday morning with ants in their pants, so it was good to get out that energy before Chapel. Here we are interrupting Dan's class.
Before: picture of our bedroom when we arrived in Malawi without any tender loving care.In other news, Dan and I have made a choice about a car. Actually, there isn't much to choose from around here, but we think that the Lord has provided a good car for us. It is an Mistubishi RVR. It sort of looks like a very small mini van, but drives like an SUV, but doesn't guzzle up too much gas. It is a 95' with great mileage (I think it has about 40,000 miles). It is going for $4,800 so we are very excited about that! It doesn't have as much clearance as we would have liked, but after test driving a Pujero for the same price yesterday which sounded like it was about to fall apart, we realized that this was a good deal and we should go for it. We talked with one of the professors on campus, and he said it would be a fine car to drive out to the villages in, so we were happy to hear that. We won't be able to purchase it until later this week because of money complications, so we could back out if we see anything else. Please pray that we have wisdom with this decision. Buying a car in Africa is really scary!
5 comments:
That car looks pretty sweet - praying that God opens the right door for you to purchase the best vehicle.
Hey Beth!
Your class is adorable!!
Miss you so dearly sweet friend. Chad & I continue to pray for new your budding friendships. I pray that the Lord continues to provide you with the comfort & accountability of close girl friends.
I'm happy to hear you have been blessed with a great car. Now you have more access to hold babies!!!
hugs, lauren
spiffy!
You people are just flat awesome. May blessings (and not centipedes)shower from heaven on all that you do. Today is a good day to be alive, the day He has made, a day to rejoice in the hope of salvation. God be with you both, love E.
Now you can drive a minivan just like me and Lauren! Yaya! Speaking of minivans, mine was towed at RUF last night! Aaggh! I had to pay a whoppin $300 to get it back too...I'm seriously broke now!
Post a Comment