Elijah has been doing so well. He has already adjusted to the HUGE time difference. He sleeps at night (well, still waking up to feed every 2-3 hours... any advice on how to change that?) and is awake during the day with his usual naps. He is very on time and loves to stick to his schedule, which I really appreciate. He is loving getting to know all the new faces here. He is such a good boy that we can take him everywhere with us, including down to the school to get work done.
He is still enjoying those fingers!
Elijah asked if he could come with us to school on Monday...he is even willing to carry the lap top!
Check out those cheeks!
He is very bright eyed!
Elijah Speaks! We think he was complaining a little bit...he seems a little annoyed.
4 comments:
AWESOME!! Looks like we have another little talker on our hands (no surprise since he also has those Meeks genes!). Can't wait to see more!! Do you LOVE your jogger? ;)
Elijah is getting so big and adorable. I love following your blog and am so glad the transition has gone so well. As for the middle of the night feedings, we had the same issue with Micah. I would hold him and cuddle to get him to go back to sleep (in our bed if I had to) so that I could hold him off. It also helped if Matt got him so he wouldn't expect food. Once he got used to not eating, I would just not go get him if he woke up because I knew he didn't need to eat. He would cry for 10-20 minutes, and he would fall back asleep, but it only took about a week or so of that and we were through with one of the feedings. The next dropped feeding was more brutal (around 4 months). He had to cry it out. Our doctor put it to us like this "it will hurt your ears and break your heart, but you don't want to be waking up for 2 years!" As long as he is growing well, he doesn't need to eat around the clock. Hope this helps.
Bethany,
He is SO cute. It was great seeing you guys while you were home... I wish we had had a chance to see you guys more! We weren't at CPC the day Dan preached :-( We didn't realize we were missing it until after the fact--we were really sad about that.
About sleeping... Have you read Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child (by Weissbluth)? It is very very helpful in the sleep department. If you fall into any ruts to find your way out of, we really liked Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems by Richard Ferber. We used that after we got William addicted to motion (to fall asleep... bouncing and such--oopsies).
Tell Dan we say hi!
-anya
....sounds like he is saying I miss grandma and grandpa in Tennessee. Give those cheeks a snuggle for us. We love you guys and miss you bad.
As for the sleep thing.....call me and we'll chat.
Laaaaarv yaaaaar,
Marm and Dard
Post a Comment