Now that Eli is feeling all better, and Beth's fever is gone, she has a debilitating migrane. Yup, she has spent the whole day in bed. At times she has been in tears simply because of the pain of the stinking thing. To make matters worse she has an unproductive cough which is agitated by the slightest, and agitates her migrane. We did have a Malaria test done and it was negative (Praise the LORD!). The campus doctor lives right up the hill from us, and we are so thankful for him. His wife had the same thing and was out for two days. So he brought us some pain killers for Beth, and has been walking us through it. What a great life we have to live so close to a doctor, and for the doctor to be so helpful. I don't think I've ever had it this good.
Sadly, as Iwas feeding Beth dinner I couldn't help but laugh because she looked so miserable. I know that sounds horrible, but she thought it was funny too. I just couldn't laugh in front of her because it would make her laugh, and cough etc. I have a really great picture of her, but for some reason she wanted to post it after she got better.
Anyway, please pray for us. I think tomorrow is going to be even worse. Even though we now have good painkillers there is a rumor that the Water Board of Lilongwe is on strike, which is why we haven't had water since about noon. Hopefully that won't go on too long. We do miss home at times like this, especially Beth misses her 'Marmie'.
Ah, well the Lord is doing good through all this too!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh no!! we will be holding you both in prayer & hope that this sickness lifts soon. :( yes, that picture conveys true migraine misery! we love you & hope you find quick relief.
love, lauren
Awe, Beth! I'll be praying for you tonight and tomorrow that you'll feel better soon! I'm so bummed that you're sick--but glad that Dan can take care of you and Eli. That is a huge gift! I hope your migraine subsides and that you're back in the saddle in no time. Love you!
Post a Comment