Sunday, January 25, 2009

Another busy week!

It's the end of the first semester at ABCCA and we've been busy grading all weekend. My students did better during the first term than the second, but overall, they did pretty well. Hopefully, we can start fresh tomorrow with a new term and a new semester!

Eli is busy as ever. More teething, more walking (with help), and faster crawling. Yesterday, I got to have 2 hours to myself. I got a haircut! Dan said that Eli kept crawling to the kitchen, thinking I was in there. Whenever I am napping or not around, Eli will crawl to the kitchen or down the hall towards our bedroom and bathroom. It's soooo cute! He's been very clingy lately, which gets pretty tiring. I think he wants to be with me when he's not feeling well, which makes sense. It just takes a lot out of me, especially when he's not been feeling well all week because of his little darn teeth.

On Thursday, Eli will be 8 months old! He seems more grown up every day. He loves to play games like peek-a-boo and he loves being chased (now that he can crawl away from you, rather quickly). Enjoy the pictures. I even included a few of me (just for you Errin!).

Eli plays with Emily's wooden spoons.

Eli found a new teething toy.

Eli fell asleep at lunch last week. Dan accidentally confused my directions which were: put Eli down for a nap, then feed him lunch. As you can see, Dan tried to feed poor sleepy Eli lunch before his nap. Haha...it is so cute, though!

Eli's modeling pose

Eli loves riding in the shopping cart at the major South African grocery store in town. He waves at every person he sees and sometimes tries to grab the items off the shelf.


Eli almost always wakes up happy from his naps. When I come in to get him, he usually looks like this:
Post nap play time


Eli's sat in the sink while Dan was getting ready for work in the morning.
Eli reading his book. I love this view...he has such a big fuzzy head.

Walking with papa


Eli shows papa his carrot

Standing with mama
I'm trying to "wear" Elijah again, but the sling is still a little big for this position. I'm sure Eli will grow into it soon.

Cuddle time with mama

Cuddling with papa

Thank you for all of your prayers for our little family as we seek to serve the Lord and His people here in Malawi. Although we get lonely, we do not feel alone, knowing that all of you back 'home' are praying for us and supporting us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! Caitlin has no teeth, and is not crawling or walking. Isn't that funny? I should show her these pictures of Eli to inspire her.

I love your "cuddle time with mama" shot - it's a keeper for sure. So sweet.

Sarah Partain said...

lawe!!!! What a little sweetie bug! I love his modeling pose, that he fell asleep, sitting up and that he sits in the sink!
And the picture of you all with the baby carrier---sooo sweet!!!
It's also funny how Eli is making the same face (in the pic you titled cuddling with you) as Dan in the picture below it, where they are cuddling. So cute! I want to give those fat cheeks kisses!! Love you! (I just looked out the window and it's snowing!! :) Wish you were here!).

Brenna said...

Love all the pictures of you guys and your happy little life!