Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I can do it mom!


Eli has been very serious about feeding himself lately. In the past, it was more of an interest rather than a need. Now, each meal is an opportunity for Elijah to show off his skills and I must say, he's pretty good at it! He feeds himself about half of each meal now.



Another thing we've introduced is art. Eli has been very interested in pens. It's as if he already knows what their purpose is. He loves to snatch the pen out of my hand while I'm writing and then tries to do it himself. So last week, I bought him some colored pencils and sat him down at the table. He spent a good 15 minutes actually drawing with the different colors. Sure there was a some chewing on the pencils, but he did end up with a little piece of art work. Sadly, I do not have it because, well, he ate it.

2 comments:

Piper said...

I am so impressed. Maybe I need to start giving Áine opportunities do do this, but I just imagine that bowl ending up on the floor.

Anonymous said...

I laughed outloud when I read Eli ate his artwork! Too funny!

Gretchen Pearce