Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Container Came!!!

After much anticipation, and waiting for a month longer than we had expected, the container finally came! It spent quite a while in customs (which is actually across the street from ABC) after taking such a long time to arrive in Malawi. Anyways, it came and we are so thankful!!!

Here are our three boxes that we sent 6 months ago. I have to be honest, I was so excited to open the boxes because much of their contents were going to be a surprise since it had been so long!!!

One of the most exciting things to unpack was my deodorant. That might sound funny, but deodorant is SOOO expensive here, that I have been wearing Dan's while waiting for the container to come. Ladies, can you imagine sharing deodorant with your husband??? Plus, girls' deodorant is so much softer and smells so nice!!!!! Anyways, it was a good thing the container came when it did.
Here is our living room in shambles after opening the boxes. Of course, the organizer in me got everything put away in a jiffy. Our closet looks like a mini store with all the soaps and deodorants and medicines in it.We are well stocked and ready to be clean, fresh and healthy.


Here I am, at 16 weeks. I feel big, but then again, I don't feel pregnant at all sometimes. I am wearing my new target dress, which I love and don't ever want to take off. All of my skirts are incredibly uncomfortable. I am beginning to pull my skirts up over my belly...it's pretty funny. I will need to go shopping in the market soon. Anyways, I want to ask that you pray for my back. I am having really bad lower back pain (not really muscular-it actually feels like a nerve problem). I'm sure it will settle down soon, as school gets out for Holiday tomorrow, and I won't be chasing after the little ones for a month. Otherwise, I am feeling great. No more morning/all day sickness and more energy. Thank you for all of your prayers for Dan and I and littlest.

2 comments:

Sarah Partain said...

Yay! I love you lil littleist bump! And am glad that you got to reunite with your stuff. I know how it is to have things boxed up for awhile and then unpack them--it's like Christmas! Oh, wait, it IS Christmas!! :)

Jesky 'Bera said...

It seems like just yesterday we were at Target smelling every deodorant in the store... and neither of us was pregnant. Ch-ch-changes!