Saturday, February 23, 2008

Another Friday in Reception

Here are some cute pictures of our 'Pink and Purple Picnic' we had in the garden on Friday. The kids were allowed to come to school in a pink or purple shirt. They love being able to wear something different than their usual uniforms.

Instead of having our usual snack in our classroom before outside playtime, we headed to the garden with blankets and our snacks in hand. It was fun to sit all together under the trees, to listen to the family of birds nearby and to just chat with each other. My kids have the funniest conversations with each other!!!

After snack, we played 'Duck Duck Goose'. Some of the kids still don't understand that they are only supposed to run around the circle ONCE and then sit down. Sometimes, they will run until I tell them to find a spot and sit. It's so cute! I also love it when they cheer each other on, shouting their friend's names as they run. Even the shy ones (Edith who is chasing Samantha barely says a word in class) become so animated when the games begin!


I am getting sad about leaving my kids. We only have 3 weeks of school until the spring break, when we will be leaving for Tennessee. It will be so hard for me to say goodbye, knowing that I am missing out on the entire last 11 weeks of school. Please pray that they will adjust to the 'new' teacher and that they will continue to grow in their love for each other and most importantly, their love for God. Also, pray that I will have peace about leaving my job. I know it is God's plan for me, but I still feel very sad about it. I absolutely love these children and wanted so badly to finish the task of teaching them this year.

No comments: