Alright, so this week has been so much fun. On Wednesday, my sister Sarah came down from Indianapolis with her husband Nathan and their little boy Amos (almost 2yrs old). We hadn't seen them since our last night in Seattle back in August. Amos is a little boy now, walking and 'talking' and doing little boy things. He LOVES music, so whenever he hears anything musical, he will begin to dance. He is also really into guitars. You will often catch him randomly playing air guitar at any moment. Here is a picture of him around the time we left. He was still a little baby!
Here he is now, so big! I can't believe how quickly he has grown!
Amos and I are hanging out in the front yard, throwing the ball for the dogs and drumming on the red chairs. This boy does not sit still for long!
It has been really fun being with Sarah, Nathan and Amos again. Back in Seattle, we lived about 10 minutes from each other, and really enjoyed being so close to family. We spent so much time together. We have really missed their company and friendship while in Malawi. They are our closest friends! They are staying here at my parents house until Monday. Then on Saturday, Dan and I will drive up to Indy to visit with them and our other closest friends the Riberas. Here we are, reunited at last!
Yesterday morning, we drove down the street to have breakfast at the famous Loveless Cafe. You walk in to see about 100 autographed head shots of celebrities (mostly country stars) who have eaten at the Loveless. It is also a little motel and has cute little shops surrounding the restaurant. They are famous for their biscuits, which are soooo good!!!
They are so cute together! Amos just loves hanging out with his grandpa!
Last night, everyone (not just me) got cravings for sushi! Don't worry, I only ate the cooked stuff. It was so yummy! Here are Sarah, Nathan and Amos at the restaurant. Notice Amos...he is playing his fly swatter guitar...yes, it is actually a fly swatter! It's hilarious!
And of course, I conclude with the belly picture for 31 weeks. I feel great. My appetite has really grown. I am eating every 2 hours and not out of boredom or anything, but I'm really that hungry! I don't feel like I am getting any bigger though. I think that I had my big growth spurt (or rather, Eli did) during the last few months. Anyways, thanks for praying and for keeping up with the Robbins. My sisters and mom are throwing me a shower tomorrow, so that should be really fun! I will post pictures probably next week. To everyone in Malawi...WE MISS YOU!!! We are praying for y'all as school starts up again next week.
3 comments:
AAAAGGHHH!!!! Everyone is so cute! I can't wait to see you!!! I like everyone's current hairdo choices :)
We miss you too! It's weird not having you as my neighbor.
Post a Comment