Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I am gameless!"

Last Saturday, we had some ABC students over for a real American breakfast complete with eggs, bacon and even some doughnuts that our neighbor made for us that morning! Kuzwayo is our gardener (the one drinking in the picture) and he brought his room mates with him. It was great to talk about religion in Africa and the difficulties of spreading the gospel here. They are each very passionate about doing work for the church after graduating. Dan and I were curious about what they do outside of school for fun. Two of them play sports (or games as they call it) but when it came to Kuzwayo, he said "Man, I am gameless!" and we all started laughing soooo hard! Andy, Dan and I tried to explain to him that to be gameless (or to have no game) in America means you can't get any ladies. Haha, it was so hilarious. We had a great time.



Here are some photos of Elijah in the last days of being 5 months old. Soon, he will be half a year old! I can't believe that much time has already gone by. Notice how redish his hair looks.



It's been kind of cooler this week (Probably in the high 70's) with tons of cloud covers but not a whole lot of rain.



Oh well, we are just thankful that we get to wear a long sleeved shirt for once! Here is Eli in one of his many hoodies.



Elijah has found a new friend, my teddy bear from when I was a child! It is so cute to watch him play with it. He lights up when you give him the teddy.


Elijah fell asleep on the way home from church last Sunday. It was SO hot that I took his pants off halfway through the sermon. At least his diaper matched his cute shirt.
Just to show you how much he has grown, check out this picture of Elijah in his stroller just less than 2 months ago!


Daddy gets to help feed Eli now. It's been a relief for me. I can get soooo much done while the boys work on dinner. It's wonderful. Oh, and do you notice how Dan 'holds' Eli in place? So cute. Also notice that Eli's bib matches his car shirt...and I didn't even mean to do that!! I'm just that coordinated!

Auntie Reb teaches Elijah to drink out of a cup. He LOVES doing this and actually takes some sips, but also spits a lot of it back into the cup. A little backwash never hurt anybody.



This is a cute video of Eli and Dan playing. Eli is 'riding' Dan's belly like a horse and he loves it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Still loving the pictures of Eli. Like Andy said, "he is a cutie"! A bug in your ear -Andy's birthday is December 3rd. Give my "big boy" a hug for me. Thanks, Shirley

Piper said...

I love the last video. Áine does that too--where you do something and she cracks up--so you keep doing it and then she just looks at you and smiles so you end up looking silly because she won't laugh any more. It's like they are silently telling you to get some new material.